IA show new stuff?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Dec 12, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone been to San Diego and have anything new to share?

I haven't been since one in Anaheim a few years back.
  2. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Toro: has a new MP Rotator look-alike nozzle. Better performance and adjustability than MP. Could be hot. Don't know if it is out yet. They sponsored Ed Begley, the keynote.

Orbit: has started a new professional brand under the name "Hydro-Rain". The Blu-Lock stuff is cool, but the rest is just Orbit retail stuff with different packaging and look.

Hunter: nothing new. They had an odd new display booth that was confusing. They're really pushing ET stuff hard. Something about blue being the new green. :confused:

New Product Contest Winner: a battery-operated brass ball valve that you operate remotely. Allows the guys doing blow outs to shut the water off without going in the basement. I also liked the universal valve box lid for replacements

K-Rain: guys spinning signs on the street corners. Promoting their PGP look-alike and providing free samples. http://www.switch2krain.com Lots of takers.

Irritrol: now "full-line" with new rotors, good reception event.

Kichler: LED lights kind of interesting.

Blazing Products: Cool wire connectors.
  3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like a pretty thorough roundup Chris. Thank you.

So, Orbit can use the Hydro Rain name because Irritrol/ Toro abandoned it?
    Or do you think Toro sold them the rights?
  4. That answers one of my curiosities. I've seen the ads for Hydro Rain and was wondering if they were making a comeback.

Any interesting invoicing/dispatching software?
  5. What about fancy trucks and service bodies? Did RB mention anything about a new ET timer to replace that RB monitor disaster? Did RB mention anything on a remote for the ESPM? Did Hunter have that new head for the MPs?
  6. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

The Orbit guys said that Toro abandoned the Hydro-Rain name so they can use it now without having to fight anyone.

No displays of trucks at the show :(

Rain Bird seems to be sticking with the ET Manager.

I stopped at Software Republic / RainCAD and looked at the new version. Very nice.

Did not see any other good software products, but was not shopping for those.
  7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

what about the weathermatic booth? alot of two wire stuff?
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

No surprise there. They got too much invested in that hunk of junk to ditch it now. :cry:
  9. Keen

Keen LawnSite Member

I did not see anything about a remote line at the RB booth but I did see the TRC remotes booth and they seem to have a solution for any RB (or other) clock. I am sure they make remotes for the OEMs so I figure I will just buy from them direct.

I did stop by the Hunter booth and would agree with the ealier comment that it was a bit strange "Blue is the new Green"?, not sure that one is going to take off...but they did show the MPR-40...it is a standard Institutional spray with the PRS feature tuned for 40psi. It has a grey colored cap and some new graphics on it otherwise seems to be just a spring rate change in the PRS unit. I am sure every MFG who has a PRS head (Toro, RB, etc.) will have one at 40-45psi soon if people start buying them for use with rotary nozzles.
  10. Keen

Keen LawnSite Member