1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I'am SOL on finding a truck right now d*mn

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Well what a pain in the rectus finding a 4x4 F-550. A new 2010 reg cab 2010 6.4 Power automatic cab and chassis 84 inch cab axle 60 grand :dizzy:

The one dealer has some 09s for 56,000 they are XLTs.

Ya I don't think so holy crap do they thing a cab and chassis truck worth gold.

Looked over the ads in Alberta a few trucks out there but I hate to buy anything sight unseen.

I know where I can get a 07 F550 2wd XLT fully loaded with 200kms on it. Been sitting on the dealers lot for a long time not good for a 6.0 but a guy could get it at a reasonable price.

Ohwell have to keep looking. A 4wheeldrive 550 is pretty rare. I did find a 2003 F-550 4x4 XL with 7.3 but its a automatic I don't really want a 4R100 transmission. The truck is a real plain XL.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

the 4R100s were iffy..

The dam case on them was HUGE though! :dizzy:

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I know of a 07 550 4x4 XLT but it has 97,000 on it for $26,000. It looks nice.

4. mudmaker

mudmaker LawnSite Member

I didn't think any of the 6.0s had 4R100's

5. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

When I had my 97 I picked up my Suncoast tranny from the freight place. It was in the back of my truck and we were going away for the weekend. What did I do? Gave it the 34 belly option and carried it myself into the house. Devil Woman wasn't all that thrilled and called me a freak. Yeah I'll leave a 5k transmission outside for the takin.

What do you get when you cross GPS with PMS?

A crazy beatch that can find you.:laugh:

6. mudmaker

mudmaker LawnSite Member

I think your dealer is adding extra onto the sticker! Go to the ford commercial website and get an accurate msrp. You should be able to get for 6-7k less if a dealer is willing to work with a guy. If they don't find one that will.

7. Junior M

:laugh: :laugh:

Hook me up with a horse and I'll make sure she ignores that last comment..

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'll sell you an '08 f350 6.4L 4x4 crew cab drw for a good price and low miles.

9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I told you before Junior. You can have both the horses and the trailer. Drive up here with the D max hook up load up and be on your way. As far as I know they ran away and somebody stole the trailer.:laugh:

10. Junior M

I am on my way! Thumbs Up

btw, its a 6.0, not a Dmax..

Oh yeah and GR, after this little stunt of the horses "running away" I know where I can get you a crew cab long 250 or 350SRW, XLT, in AWESOME condition for cheap!