IB Blades

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Oct 4, 2010.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

they called me too, I've pretty much given up on the mail order blades and get the from Home Depot or our CEMEX dealer... they're all sifty and you can't trust the phone calls.... and I hate the phone calls too.
  2. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

It's that time of year that the blade sharks are awakeninginging.

Time to bring this topic back to life....

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

That's not fair to the Sharks! I like sharks...so Maggots is more in line. I started getting calls from these people last year and I guess I'm marked now.:confused:
  5. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

The IB Blades website looks like complete BS. Why do they have 1 STIHL saw listed in their produtcs? STIHL protects their dealers and highly doubt they would let IB Blades sell one saw. Nothing worse than shady sales people.
  6. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

heh, i got a call from diamond blade warehouse this past week..... i told the guy im not interested, "but why, can i send you one, how about a t shirt"

i buy my blade from the locally owned rental yard, like everything I buy, I try to support other local business owners. not that the blades are made here locally, but at least the markup is staying in the local economy. not to mention, the amount of referrals that i get from my concrete, block, and rental suppliers is quite impressive.

I am on a first name basis with the owners of the suppliers i deal with, and that relationship is a good thing.
  7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

T-shirts........why do they all push t-shirts so hard? Real marketing morons.
  8. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

First of all, you have a partial true story. Latux has been in business almost 12 years. Back in 2008, when this lovely economy went south, some salespeople did some unethical practices, and were let go. They secretly took almost 3,000 customer files with them, and opened the company Sencore. For a couple years many customers were misled and confused by the split- it was their regular salesman, but not the same company. Now things have settled down, and we have recovered many customers we never knew we lost. IB Blades is long out of business, and I can't say I ever heard of them honestly.

It's like saying that since a Hack screwed up a driveway, that all Landscapers are incompetent and only Masonry contractors can lay brick and pavers. We downsized and came through the hard times as a compact and lean company. We consciously have fewer salesmen, so we can make sure no funny business happens.
  9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Relax diamondman.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: It's all good.....