ICBIN mulch????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jul 8, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Can anyone tell me about ICBIN mulch ("I Can't Believe It's Not" Licorice Root)?
    Supposed to be a "premium" mulch. Runs like $39 yd!!

What color is it???

I have a customer that specifically wants this mulch. He said it's BLACK, and it stays black without fading for like two years.

I had a hard time finding anyone local that carried it (some never heard of it). I finally found a place and decided to go look at it to see what the fuss was before I even set the job up. The stuff I saw was not black. Wasn't even dark brown. Didn't look all that great to me. Looked more like a double ground cheap mulch.

After I left there, I was almost wondering if they had the wrong stuff piled in the ICBIN bin (the bins were marked with signs).

So is it really suppose to be black like my customer claims?

Thanks.

2. MARYLANDMOWER

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

They make black dyed mulch, just like the red stuff. It stays that way for a long time.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This isn't a dyed mulch.

4. gr8pyrs

gr8pyrs LawnSite Member
    from PA

Here is what I found.
    Hope this helps

Selling for $49.00 / YD in Eastern PA 1 to 2 yards.

The following is Banfe Products (mfg) , Barrington, NJ PR

"Rich,DarkColor That Resists Fading
    Inhibits Weed Growth
    Protects and Stimulates Root Development
    Enhances and Beautifies Landscapes
    Protective Ground Cover That Stays Put
    Available in Bulk and Bag (2 cubic ft.)
    I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is a rich, dark mulch of the highest quality. It services the customer who is discriminating and wants only the finest mulch product available. The special grind gives I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ a hair-like consistency that serves to knit together so as not to wash away. The special aging process gives I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ the deep dark color without the use of any dyes or colorants. I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is an all aged bark mulch, unlike some other so-called bark mulches that may contain up to 50% wood fiber. No additional wood fiber is added to I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™

Protection
    Covering the area around plants and shrubs with 2 to 3 inches of I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ helps protect roots from changes in temperature all year round.

Weed Control
    A 2 to 3 inch surface of I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is an excellent deterrent to the new growth of weeds and grass.

Moisture Control
    I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ will hold moisture and protect roots from unexpected dry spells, helping to keep direct sunlight and wind from drying out soil around roots.

Long Lasting
    Beauty Our rich dark color will provide long lasting beauty to your garden and landscaping. I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ resists fading. The interlocking fibers stay put and will not wash away under normal weather conditions.

I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is a premium mulch, designed with the discriminating customer in mind. Premium quality does not just happen. It's the result of hard work by dedicated professionals, working with strict standards, using the highest quality materials available. I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is used and sold by professionals who know the garden and plant business. Many of the area's leading suppliers of garden materials have evaluated I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™. They have found it to be a superior mulch product, and have recommended it highly to their customers. Due to the fibrous quality of this mulch, I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ resists washing and/or blowing away. This desirable quality is seldom found in any other mulch. Its hair-like fingers interweave, making a superior barrier that inhibits weed growth and yet blankets and protects tender root development of your most valuable plants.

I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ continues to add value even as it breaks down, helping to loosen and aerate the soil by composting into a rich humus as it continues to decompose. It adds many nutrients necessary for strong and healthy plant development. It contains the necessary elements needed for the development of micro-environments that ensure your planting areas remain healthy and viable. I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™ is a natural mulch that contains no dyes or colorants. It retains moisture, helping to reduce stress brought on by summer's burning sun. With all of these benefits, it's easy to see why so many people reach for the highest quality mulch available, I Can't Believe It's Not Licorice Root™.