Ice sucks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jan 3, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was cleaning up the leaves yester day, in JANRUARY and I slipped on the ice on the bottom of the gutter and now my back really hurts!

Has this happened to any of you?
  2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Hopefully its just a pulled muscle. If your back continues to hurt you had better get to a doctor. You have to take care of your back in this kind of business. Yes, it has happened to me before.
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am sorry to hear that you are injured. If you don't take care of yourself no one else will. That will end up hurting you worse in the long run then if you go to the doctor sooner. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Sorry to hear about your little accident. It can happen to any one of us. It just makes us aware that any job can be hazardous and that we have to always put safety first. Good luck, and I wish you the best the coming season. I have been reading some of your posts, and I know that you are very young to be thinking about your own business, but I think you have what it takes. I am kinda new to the business side of things myself, and every day I have a burning desire to get up and go to work. It takes will power!
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Know the feeling. Last snow storm (Christmas Day), got out of the plow truck to adjust a headlight. Put one foot on the ground (ice) and whamo, down for the count. Slipped and fell with a wrenched back to add to other ailments.

Don't fool around with it...see a Dr. asap.
  7. Go to health food type of store and get either Bach Rescue Remedy or Arnica homeopathic remedy. Even if they don't help they can't cause harm.

Try to keep moving if nothing is broken or torn. It will help to prevent swelling, soreness and pain from getting worse. In the old days they used to prescribe bedrest but the research now shows that it is better to get up an moving as soon as possible.