ICPI Advanced Classes FYI

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Rex Mann, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

ICPI announcement today about their advanced training.

ICPI Launches New Advanced Level Certification Programs

The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) has launched two new advanced certification programs for concrete paver installers and owners of installation companies —ICPI Level II Concrete Paver Installer Certification and ICPI Concrete Paver Business Professional. The objectives of these programs are to expand upon the knowledge obtained in the existing ICPI Level I Concrete Paver Installer Certification program and provide new content on skills related training in interlocking concrete pavement installation as well as business training to company owners.

ICPI Level II Concrete Paver Installer Certification Program
    ICPI's Level II Concrete Paver Installer Certification program was created for installers who are currently certified under the Level I program and are employed in the concrete paver industry. This advanced level certification program is designed to increase the skills based knowledge of individuals involved in the construction of interlocking concrete pavements. The program requires participants to complete 24 hours of approved continuing educations credits. Registrants of the ICPI Level II Concrete Paver Installer Certification program will receive the first course, "Theory of Base Installation," free of charge. ICPI's Level II Concrete Paver Installer Certification program also includes the ICPI Level II Graduate program that is designed for non-paver installers such as sales personnel of manufacturers and suppliers to the concrete paver industry. Click here to learn more about the ICPI Level II Graduate Program and to enroll.

Click here to learn more about this program and to enroll.

ICPI Concrete Paver Business Professional Program
    The Concrete Paver Business Professional program offers more than 100 new advanced business courses through a portal that is hosted by the Business Training Library. The courses are available for both ICPI members and for non-members. Registrants for the Concrete Paver Business Professional program will also receive their first course, "Creating and Analyzing an Operating Budget," free of charge.

Click here learn to learn more about this program and to enroll.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

2. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

I received the e-mail also.

I was just wondering what the total cost would be and how much it would benefit me and my business?

It looks like you have to pay to enroll in each individual course, each with a fee involved. If each course is 3-4 credit hours and you need 24 to get "Advanced Level Certification" I wonder what the average cost would be when all required courses are completed. Some of the courses I saw were $89.00. So I'm guessing the total cost to be $356.00 plus $50 for the certificate, so were looking at $400.00, and that's if your an ICPI member (a cost of $250).

I don't mind the cost if I know I am going to gain a good deal of new paver techniques. I don't want to hear about taxes (that's what the accountant is for), or communication skills (studied that in college). I'd want to gain knowledge in new laying techniques, faster ways to install, new tips and tricks, and especially new ideas (or old ones) on layouts for quilting.

I've been laying pavers quite a while and I know I haven't figured it all out yet. But I don't want to study things I already know just to earn another certificate. Which is what happened with the first ICPI test. I knew about75% of the material we were tested on before I took the course. I learned more from the instructors sharing their field knowledge than anything in the text.

Just trying to decide if this new $400 investment is going to be worth it.

Any ICPI installers going to take the plunge? Any thoughts?

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i am sure we will