ICPI Cert?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by EagleLandscape, Sep 10, 2007.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

How do I become ICPI certified? I'm in Dallas, TX.
    I did a paver job last November, and I'll just say I have a lot to learn still. I have the opportunities for a few more this winter and would like to do them right this time.
  2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got done researching this and sent out some emails to get class times. Go to www.icpi.org and spend some time looking around. I signed up for their publication and emailed for info on classes. Hope this helps.
  3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

There's nothing in Texas. I don't have time to travel out of state to take a class. Any other options?
  4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't mind doing a course. Nothing in Canada though.
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

its worth the trip, I went to one sponsored by belguard and throughly enjoyed it, pretty much summed up what I learned in college (between soil science and a couple of landscape classes) but it was nice to see experts doing it and the gentlmen who was the instructor of mine did an outstanding job.
  6. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

7. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Talk to your paver suppliers about hosting the class. My supplier did it this past winter and screwed me out of a trip to somewhere warmer.
  8. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes it pays to make time.

Find a course close by. Spend a few hundred bucks, get a plane/train ticket and take the course.

We were going to do that with the NCMA course in Atlanta (i think it was) but ended up passing on it due to timing. We'll take the next one this side of the Mississippi.

Just gotta make time.

-Good luck
  9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I took my ICPI class this past January. The drive about killed me though, it was a whole 3 miles from my house. Seriously though don't you guys have a Pavestone manufacturer in Dallas? Pavestone out of Southern Missouri hosted ours.
  10. LTL

LTL LawnSite Member
    from Tulsa

There's one in Tulsa in Oct. or Nov. Talk with a Pavestone dealer to find out exactly when and where.