ICPI Certification

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NewHorizon's Land, Mar 5, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the ICPI logo on your trailer does it mean you are certified? I do not plan on taking it off because we are going to get certified. Could it just mean you follow the ICPI guidelines? Please only reply if you are certified.

Thanks Justin

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Cover it up temporarily. Or just leave it, its really up to you. If you are looking for someone to say its ok to leave it on, you are probably thinking its not a good idea.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it would depend on the timeframe of you becoming certified. If you are doing it next month......leave it! Next year.....cover it up or remove it. I think those stickers are like $12 or something.

Chris

4. NewHorizon's Land

The reason I am asking is because someone told me "If your not certified you cant have it on". Just seeing if this is true. We just started doing pavers this year and plan on getting certified as soon as possible. We comply with probably 99.9% of ICPI guielines. Thanks for your imput.

Justin

5. NewHorizon's Land

Does ICPI only hold classes till the end of March?

Justin

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I have NCMA level 1 SRW installer cert and they have very strict rules for using the logo, so I would bet its the same with ICPI. Cover it up till you get the official cert. especially since your posted on a public forum.

7. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

We are ICPI Certified. It was a 2 day course. 250 per person. You have to pass a pretty detailed test. They are very strict on their logo usage.

There is a course in Nashville Tennessee at the 2007 Hardscape North America show. Here is a link.

False advertising is false advertising man. Some customers look for an ICPI certification in a contractor. To mislead them or to take away from a real ICPI certified contractor is not good period.

I'd cover it til you get certified. Should another contractor flag you and call you in...you can get in trouble. Could even make the paper.

8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I would remove it. They will give you a new sticker when you are certified. Regardless of if you follow the guidelines there is a reason they have the certifications.

9. NewHorizon's Land

Thanks to all.

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

What are you trying to shut us up?

Just kidding