icpi certification?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JCPM, Mar 23, 2010.

1. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

I've been laying pavers for years without being certified. Has anyone else been benefited by having the icpi certification?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Kevin332

Kevin332 LawnSite Member

Very beneficial plus looks great on resume for bidding a job

3. Woodland

Woodland LawnSite Member
    from Maine

The information taught in the course is very helpful, especially if your just starting out and assuming you take a class taught by someone who knows what their talking about and doesn't just read you the book (I took an NCMA cert course that was like the latter). As far as benefit...people seem to put some stalk in the "certified" logo. I don't tell them that the "test" I had to take was multiple choice and easier than a 5th grade science test.

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

It helps our company get jobs. It creates value. which is what we try to create and sell to clients. Others, usually not ICPI, are selling on price.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaverExperts.Com

5. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had customers tell me that they chose to call me because of the icpi logo in my ad.
    It doesn't hurt to have it.

6. landscapediva

landscapediva LawnSite Member

We're certified also. Would recommend ICPI and NCMA (retaining wall) certifications?

7. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

How hard is the exam? I didn't give it much thought until they emailed me the study guide.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jamo1911

jamo1911 LawnSite Member

Get certified, if you learn 1 thing - and you will - it will be worth is. Obviously get the NCMA as well. Goes without saying.

9. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Pass rate is 90%. There are 100 questions. 75 true and false, 25 multiple choice. No math or essays. No time limit to take the test.

Peace,

Rex

http://pavers.ning.com/

10. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

It's easy.