ICPI Certification

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by zukofsu, Nov 5, 2003.

1. zukofsu

zukofsu LawnSite Member

To any paver installers out there I was wondering how many of you are ICPI certified. I am thinking about attending a conference in NJ this Feb. which will be the certification course and keystone course. I will also bring one employee so he will be certified as well.

We have installed numerous patios and retaining walls, though I think with this certification as a background it would add a level of professionalism to our company plus maybe learn some new tircks on install / prep. I was thinking about adding this to our business cards, newspaper ad., website, etc. For those with paver experience I was inquiring to how much this course helped you.

Thanks

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I took this course in Toronto about 6 yrs ago. I had at that time about 15 yrs experience in interlock, retaining walls etc. I believe it is a great course for the beginner and also the experienced installer. What they are trying to accomplish is an industry standard for installers and installation of paving stones. We could all benefit. I also have this certification tag on my business cards.
    Good course. You have nothing to lose...only gain from it.

zed

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

ICPI basic contractor class is a great beginning to a formal paver education. Taking the class will dispel allot of "old wives" tales about pavers and the way they are installed. The class does not certify your skills, but your knowledge. The majority of information is on soils. Everything you ever wanted to know about soil and then some more. Along the way, tips and techniques are discussed among others in the class and the instructors.

I have my ICPI status on the back of my business card. I mention the ICPI on my website .

I am an instructor of the basic contractor class. I just taught one in Phoenix last month. Remember, you can never have to much knowledge about your profession.

Peace,

Rex Mann

ICPI Instructor

5. zukofsu

zukofsu LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.

RM Stonescaping that is a nice website and I especially enjoyed the flash intro. The website is very informative and easy to navigate with a wealth of information.

I agree with you and look forward to the ICPI class in February and I think this would be an asset on my business card, newspapaer ad, website, and not to mention a few tricks.

Thanks

Zuko

6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I am ICPI certified and recommend it. Helps to clear the fog of various opinions about 'how we've always done it'.

7. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I took the class, I thought it was a good way for "ICPI" to make money.... Buy a book:D