ICPI going good

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassyfras, Mar 8, 2005.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Taking the ICPI class here and its really fun and im learning alot and its fun. I recomend it to any new guys like myself that dont know much about pavers.

2. Bull_11

Bull_11 LawnSite Member

Grassyfras - what was your knowledge of pavers prior to taking this class? I see the prerequisites on the ICPI site, but I'm wondering how much existing knowledge you actually need for the course. I currently have none.

3. grassyfras

I have very little I would say but it is an interst of mine. I do read alot on lawnsite and in books about pavers/retaining walls and I've built a few gardenn walls around town and one patio at my own house for shits and grins. I'm also taking a soils class at school and that took about about a quarter of the day talking about almost the same concepts as in my college class. I would do it if I were you.

4. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You don't need prior knowledge to take the class, but I wouldn't pay for it. Take a free class that the manufacturer sets up they're pretty informative and free!

5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Hey grassyfras, I was at the St. Louis class also. How did you do on the test? I'm about 75% sure I passed............. :rolleyes:

6. grassyfras

I think I passed. It wasnt to hard and I dont think they wanted you to fail. Wish I knew you were a member of lawnsite.

7. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

What is like some class time and a test? Just curious, i was going to take it in Indy but couldn't quite get down this time. next time for sure.

8. grassyfras

Ya its basically class and a test for two days. They have it set up so that theirs a civil engineer and a business owner who has alot of experience in paver's. It gives you the "why you do it like this" and then it gives you the experienced guys tips, tricks, and how to price,basically

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, I'm pretty sure I passed. They did a very nice job during the 'review' of hitting on the important stuff. I thought about asking if there were any LS members there.