ICR not working well with ICC clocks.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Apr 26, 2008.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 Hunter ICR remotes that work great with pro c controllers but will only work on a ICC if I am within 60 ft of the controller. Anyone know why? or experiance this?

I know you guys are king of the hijackers but Im realy not looking for answers like , buy a different brand, stand on the truck roof ect.

2. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the same problem although not quite as extreme as your case. If I wasnt in the line of sight of the controller it would not work. Pretty irritating!

3. snicker snicker sorry can't help myself.NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH A RAIN MASTER

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never had that problem either, how far do you have the remote from the controller? possible interference? we use our all the time on lots as big as 8 acres never had a problem as long as everything was wired in correctly.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

First noticed it on an athletic complex a few weeks back. Then yesterday it wouldnt work on a ICC . I thought the remote was on its way out, but when I tried it at the next door neighbors it woked great on the pro c.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto snicker...I walked off what could have been a good re-build 'cause
    the client wanted to keep the p.o.s. Hunter remote,

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmmmm, there are good reasons to walk away from a job, but because of a remote?

8. When you are spoiled it is.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Spoiled is right. :cry:

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I've had a couple of remote 'spazz-outs' on older systems with Hunter SCR controllers, and me using the freebie SRR remote. No problems reported from the homeowner, but the SRR wouldn't operate the system. I could hear the 'power-on' beeps from the receiver, when I plugged it in.