1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ICT along with Dynamic Duo?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Elite LawnCare, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

I am planning on offering organic fertilizer to customers. I already have Bills 123 product, but I am looking for something to go with it. I know this might not be the perfect thing to do, but if I use Dynamic Duo or The Whole Shabang from nutrients plus along with the ICT 123 will that show improvements? I would like to do nutrients plus whole program but cant afford to buy 4 pallet's of 4 different products. I basically just want to use this product for OM maybe 3 or 4 times a yr. in conjunction with the ICT.
  2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

hey why not try more compost. or even some cmg or alfalfa pellets. the inputs are going to be far less with the tea and a little OM. if you really need a fix try Barry at tera tec. there a sponsor here and some of his stuff is great.

funny thing, was at lesco today(needed a gasket for sprayer) and a bag of NPK was more $ than similar organic feed, thats food for thought
  3. Elite LawnCare

I was thinking about spreading compost but thought this way would be a bit more efficient and provide OM throughout the season instead of all at once? From what I see tech terra carrys those products from nutrientsplus.
  4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

well... we think of bag-ed goods as the fast fix. the slow OM from compost is the long haul food in my book.

Barry is a good egg, he wont steer ya wrong.

whats missing if you dont mind me asking?
  5. Elite LawnCare

I have a few customers that want me to aerate and over seed so I wanted to put the ICT down for hopefully better results. Another one of my customers wants me to aerate so I convinced him to try compost tea. I was planning on advertising organic fertilizer and using the 123 product with something else. I wanted to keep it some what simple. I was thinking compost on lots that are maybe 25000 and under because were small. Any advice is appriciated thank you. I do understand compost would be optimum.
  6. Elite LawnCare

Oh....you mention alfalfa pellets. Please explain more as to what how and when.
  7. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Elite Lawn, go to this website http://www.snow-pond.com/ and click on soil amendments. It gives a quick view and use of many amendments.
  8. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Elite, I like the Nutrients Plus products not only is it a sustainable product but the smaller NPK is actually food for the microbes, obviously the OM is too.

The OM and microbes work very well together. Jim Allen is one of the best.

Would you please start using the ICT so you can order some more PLEASE :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am out here on the corner with my wireless laptop and my "will work for food sign"
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Better distribution might solve that problem. :)
  10. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the plug! Serioulsy though, Nutrients PLUS is a great way to incorprate OM into your existing LC programs. Its a nice food source for organisms especially if you are applying them direct.

Elite, your program looks like it will work jusrt fine. Feeding the microbes is huge in itself. Let me know if you have any questions on NP.

Bill, good luck out there!

Jim Allen