ICT Bill a few questions please.

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by wallzwallz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Bill, My NPP and 1-2-3 compost tea arrived last week, very fast shipping thanks. I have a few questions, How long after applying the NPP should you water? The tea, water right after, correct? If I use the NPP now how long would I have to wait to apply beneficial nematodes HB? One last one, how is the smell on these two products, not that I mind but if it is strong ,I try to apply when customer is gone for a day or 2. thanks Mike
  2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

no smells so far from bills NPP, tea should not stink. good luck with the nematodes, it will take a while.

you should smell the fish oil we make before we de stinkkk it, wow.........
  3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

TG is right no smell from the NPP

The compost tea at low dilution rates can have a smell, it is the fish. At 2 gallons per 1000 you will smell it a bit but it goes away very quickly, 10 to 15 minutes.

Fish is so great for the landscape that it had to be a part of it, great stuff. great fungal food as well

There are 2 different applications for the NPP #1 fungal control, apply as a foliar spray as little as .5 gallon per 1000 is fine up to 2 gallons per 1000. #2 as a wetting agent to increase soil water holding capacity in soil 2+ gallons per 1000 or water in after application

I am not sure what you are doing with the nematodes but you should apply after the NPP application and not before. what is the application for nematodes, what are you trying to do grub control?
  4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

thats the only thing that this site needs, smell o vision!!:eek:
    i can only imagine the debate!
  5. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Bill and treegal thanks for the answers. The nematodes are for grubs and I will be applying at end of this month, and then every 10-14 days for at least 3 apps.The property has a history of grubs and I want to keep them in check. I applied the NPP today, no smell, very easy to mix and use. I was putting down around 2gal/K at 3-4 pm and will be watered tonite. I will probably do the tea next week, fish is cool. I have used the Neptunes and mix in the seaweed and fish together and it smells like a foggy ocean. thanks Mike