ID clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by TPendagast, Aug 10, 2008.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I was just browsing the irrigation direct website and it just occured to me, thats a hunter pro-c with different colors!
    Does anyone use these clocks? They are alot cheaper than hunters, have a 3 year warranty and even work with the hunter ICR remote control.
    Anyone have expereince or opinions about these clocks?

2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Do a site search. A lot of the guys were using them, and they were discussed in depth about a year or so ago. I haven't used anything that small since I heard about them, but from the discussions I heard, I would try them.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I've used them and I like them. I try to keep at least three and a handful of modules in stock. I have had very few problems with them, and I like their customer service.

IMHO some of the features are actually better than the Hunter Pro-C, like a larger display, automatic daylight savings adjustments, and a 10 year replaceable lithium battery for current time and date.

4. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

IMO some features are better but one thing that made me crazy was the speed- or lack of . The display, processor response, or both was very slow and annoying. I only used 3 but they all performed the same. You run one zone manually and try scrolling around the other zones- by the time you hit the arrows 5 times, the display registers once. That goes for all programing and manual operations.

Good Luck, it dont hurt to try.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i was wondering the same thing, looks like an amped Pro-C, which i love to no end for the stuff i work with. no problems ever with one. i would not mind checking these out but have always been a brand with brand kinda guy, never mixing brands unless i have too. maybe tht is crazy, but brands are made to compliment thier own components.

6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.rainproco.com/rainpro/pdf 2/rainpro exapandable.pdf

Above is copy of the pro-c too. Made in China for HIT.

I found a website where you can purchase the controller direct from CHINA. Also found
    quick couplers
    boxes
    Multi-strand wire
    drip nozzles
    ball valves
    copper fittings

Knock-offs on the below items
    PGP
    R-50
    PS-04
    Entire Hunter line of medium - large turf rotors
    DV valves

I just found it interesting to see all the above.

You can buy the moulds and machines to make your own poly, pvc, fittings

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Followed the link ICS provided, then went to HIT's home page. Was startled to learn that they are "the leader in two wire"...:dizzy:

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

haha, the leader, yeah right. i still use hunter as install, just a preference. but service all toro, rainbird and hunter stuff. up to the big commercial stuff. dont carry parts cause it is very rare to even come across it here

9. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I question this logic. Being brand loyal is one thing, but being committed to one particular brand on the complete install doesn't make sense. Go with the products that work.

I don't know how irrigation products are developed. I know a lot of guys here have taken factory tours, but I would guess a lot of the products are developed by third parties or a private label manufacturer with limited consideration for product mix. They want the product to work with other manufacturers therefore a sprinkler head is developed as an independent item or component, not to work as a compliment item to a certain brands controller.

On a side note Grassman I have noticed that people on the irrigation forum are particular about using their shift key and spell check.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

who wud thet be?