1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'd just like to say....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff@SGLC.ca, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'm adding my second truck on the road this year for work....Just contracted 50 + lawns (still to be determined) for the season....Time to buy new equipment.

Not really a good post lol, just wanted to tell someone. Here's the list of equipment I plan on adding to the second truck.

Exmark TTHP 36" (1)
    Redmax 7001 (1)
    Redmax BCZ2600S (2)
    Redmax HEZ2500S (1)
    Exmark 26" (maybe)
    21" to be determined plus other common things.

Anyone see equipment they'd recommend otherwise? All residential lawns.
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! At least your headed in the right direction!!!
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I take it then that they are all small lawns since that is all you are adding?
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would consider the TT 48" rather than the 36", unless they are very small lawns.
  5. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to be a 2 man crew and they are average sized lawns. None of the big estate lawns you guys all seem to do. My largest on my own accounts are roughly 8500 sq ft with house footprint.

I need to get a couple more details on sizes however but the 48" is sitting in the back of my head. If cost wise makes sense as well then I'll go larger.

I try and target larger properties myself but haven't been at the lawn maitenance full time in the last couple years. I maintained 1 Plaza, 1 Tri Plex, 6 Residential and 26 Soccer Fields for lining last year so I'm trying to get back in the swing.

I don't believe I would require more equipment then what's listed however. More suggestions are still always welcome.

Oh the second truck I am adding this year is a GMC Sierra with Stake Panel/Flat Bed dually.