Id Like To Break His Legs But... How Should I Handle This?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Ok heres the deal. Agreed to sub a few commercial properties from another landscaper this spring as he was getting out of mowing and I would have first dibs and the inside track on the jobs the following year. We agreed on a price and signed a contract and I started in May of this year. After billing him for May and June still no money in my hand. Am I an idiot for extending him 2 months credit.. yep. Call him last week ask him what the deal is.. sad story about being away etc etc.. Ill get the money to you on Sat.. no money on Sat. He seemed to be a top-notch guy whenever I spoke to him, asked about my Dad (who is sick) said hes praying for him, came across as Christian guy. So I asked around about him over the weekend... He was in a bar fight Sunday night, he has a reputation for non-payment, claiming bankruptcy, lieing, being two-faced, and to top it all off supposedly tried to rape a girl a few years ago. I already feel like ive been an idiot so you dont need to remind me.. what should I do? Take it to court right now? Wait till the end of the month then stop work on the jobs and notify the property owners of the situation? Ive never had to deal with this before. He owes me almost 3G :(

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

3 g? OUCH. I stop after 75-100 dollars. tell the commercial property...A contract can always be broken....UM SHAQ (now in miami). Have them sign on with you NOW..Dont lose anymore than you already have.

Trevor

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS???:eek:

GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE!!!

dude! you both need your legs in a cast!
    just kidding of course! I detest violence of any kind!

GEO

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Move to the USA!!!

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't cut another blade of grass!!!!!!
    3G's?
    Courtroom,NOW!.

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Go to the properties you cut and give them the bill, they can be held responsible for your payment.

7. tom sumter

tom sumter LawnSite Member

Not if they have already paid the other guy.

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, and if that doesn't work, break his legs....

9. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, then you can shoot him instead of only breaking his legs.

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

go talk to the property owners, take the lawns from him and then sue him....;)