ID this mower by model #?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Envy Lawn Service, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what this mower is. Here is the model number, which is all I have on it other than it's a 25hp 52"....

Model # 251KI-260K

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No such model as you have it listed here.
    The actual model # as it would be on the serial tag would be 6 #'s and start with a 9.
    There was a unit called a 251K, it was a 51" rear discharge zero turn with a 22hp Kohler. (earlier models may have had 18 or 20 hp) We have not made this model for a few years.
    Then there was a 260K it was the same as above but with a 60" rear discharge.
    These mowers were / are the cream of the crop for cemetery mowing, you could rear discharge and trim on both sides of the deck... they were / are very popular for catching, they had an optional rear catcher that required no blower and dumped from the seat.
    There was a lot of steel and large expensive components in this mower and eventually they were priced to high to compete with today’s mowers, so we discontinued them a few years ago.
    We made them from 1988 til around 2002, earlier units had Kohler Magnums (18/20) and a manual deck crank for raising and lowering the deck, the original 251 had a Briggs I/C twin cylinder in it, the last few years of production they had 22hp Kohlers and hydraulic deck lift.
    There are still a lot of these mowers in use today, and they are holding there resale value very well....parts are easily available and will be for a long time.
    You may have found a unit someone repowered with a 25hp engine? Who knows....
    Hope this helps.
    Pj

P.S.
    I personally sold a whole bunch of these in the Central Carolina's region......

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Geez... I dunno then. Something is mixed up I guess.

I'm gonna take a guess and assume it's probably a re-powered 251K.

But looky what I found off your info...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The first picture you have there is the latest version we made.
    The middle picture is the first version (you can tell by the red engine cover, Briggs engine) and the last picture is some where between the other two.
    I see you found Justins website, he is a Hustler 251/260 expert by far....

Pj