ID this sulkey and recommend wheel bearings

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bssford460, Nov 10, 2012.

1. bssford460

bssford460 LawnSite Member

I cant find a label or ID tag or plate or anything on this thing, i got it with an exmark metro HP.
    It seems to have some cheap little bearing assemblies in the wheels with no numbers or way to ID the bearing to cross reference them.

velke 1jpeg.jpg

velke 2jpeg.jpg

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I think its a Selbro or was made by the company that built them before Selbro bought the company???

[​IMG]

3. bssford460

Thanks pugs. I'd have to agree with you, anybody know where i can get some wheel bearings now?

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Napa auto.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Selbro or a Selbro dealer?

6. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Take the part to napa and let them match it up.

7. bssford460

I dont have a Napa around here, and the other "auto" stores are pitiful. if you cant tell them the year and model number of a car or truck, they just look at you with a blank look on their face.
    There is a bearing and seal place called motion industries, I'll try them i guess. I was hoping one of the online mower parts stores would have them listed.

8. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

They do, you gotta pop one out and get the O.D. & I.D.
    More than likely 1/2 or 5/8 I.D. with a slight flange on the outside rim, no?

Prolly wont find em at Motion.
    Oregon has em in their online catalog http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/OREGONCatalog.htm
    Click on the green Outdoor Parts tab, they got a bunch of em.
    Get the oregon # and punch it into just about any online vendor, most of em handle oregon or stens. Prolly can find em on fleabay, or Amazon.

9. VegetiveSteam

VegetiveSteam LawnSite Senior Member

I worked auto parts for 20 years and have been dealing with small engines and parts for the last 18. I still haven't figured out how to look up a part without knowing what it was going on. There are some things a good parts man can guess at but if I guess because you don't have a model number or year don't be mad at me when you don't get the correct part. I love the line "They're all the same". No, usually they aren't all the same. Maybe this will help.

http://selbro.com/id3.html

10. bssford460

You complete misinterpreted, my comment about the auto parts stores being pitiful. What i mean is that if you come into their store with any item that is not on a car truck or van, and cant give them that exact model or year of the "vehicle" they basically are of no help.
    If you need something for a lawnmower, tractor, fourwheeler or something that isnt in their handy dandy computer then they act like they cant help you, i'm speaking of items like, snap rings. circle clips, bearing, seals, spark plugs. random parts that a lot of us do it yourselfers sometimes need, but the are unable to unwilling to do a little leg work to cross reference or search for.
    example, changing plugs in an allis chalmers tractor, take the old plug into the store, set it on the counter, " i need 4 of these", his response is automatically, "what does it go on". my response, "an allis chalmers d15", He looked me in the eye and said, something to the effect of "we're not gonna have anything like that, we dont carry tractor parts"
    that sort of thing is what i was talking about.