1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

idea for new forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Aug 19, 2001.

new forum for asking question for eric

Poll closed Aug 29, 2001.
  1. yes for new forum

8 vote(s)
  2. no for new forum

8 vote(s)
  1. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

How about a new forum where we can ask eric question.

It seems to me that we all have to ask eric something.

What do we all think?
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

At first I thought, what a dumb idea. This will make more work for me.

After thinking about it, it just might make it easier. This winter I will have to rely on all the moderators to do all the proof reading since I will probably have very little time to do this. We will also have to rely on YOU members to use the 'Report A Post to a Moderator' to help out also. This feature is at the bottom right of every post.

December 31, 2000 we had 2000 members, June 30, 2001, we had about 4000 members. Last winter I figured we will have 6,000 by December 31, 2001 and that will be a boat load of posts to keep up with. This means Lawnsite will tripple in size in one year. If this keeps up, we will have 18,000 by December 31, 2002. As Chuck Keough would say, "Whew". :D We are averaging 7.25 new members a day since we started using vBulletin software in December, 1999. Next winter I expect to see an average 25 a day and I don't think I will be far off with this estimate.

For now if you have a question, just make a thread directed to me. As time goes on, I think a whole page of posts in an hour is not out of the question, so a question for me might get lost and this might be a good idea to do this. When the time comes I can set up a forum for this, if needed. ;)
  3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

How bout fatherly advise too :). lol
  4. Eric ELM

Cos, I give that daily anyway. :)

I get so many emails asking advice on all sorts of things. I think I may need a secretary this winter to answer them all. ;)

I may not get them all answered right away, but I do my best to answer them all.
  5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric, you have been too kind with your time and advice. Not only for me but countless others here. I only wish we could make it easier for you, so you will be able to continue your advice whether fatherly or professionally.
  6. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, You could get an A-1 system like Nelison had :)
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

LOL!!!! Good old A-1!!!!!!
  8. Eric ELM

Good idea John :)

Maybe I can rig up an automatic response of some sort like on AOL AIM. :)