Idea: Get Paid to Hand out your flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i had a idea to get paid to hand out your own flyer's. Get a Pt. Job in the mornings delivering the paper and put your flyer's in it. :p

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea, just don't get caught

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Paper routes dont pay much, and whats the most you could hope to target with a paper route, 150-200 houses maybe??? If you get the kind where you drop them off in the vending machines or local retailers, you might get better distribution, but you wont know where they are going. I think it would be cheaper overall just to pass them out yourself, or pay a helper.

Kevin

4. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

I was thinking of that but it would be a pain when you didnt want to do flyers ,but my little sister has a route but only 20 houses twice a week but i still sneek my flyer in..

5. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Do that here, and YOU WILL get fired.

6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Do what? Hand out papers at Lawnsite? Are you gonna fire me from my paper route??? Whoooo :cool2: I Didnt want no stinkin paper route to begin with. LOL.

Kevin

7. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer. No not hand out papers at Lawnsite!! HERE! In Winston Salem, NC! I have delivered papers before and of course asked what would happen if I did that.

8. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

Just before I started in the lawn business, I delivered USA TODAY for about 6 weeks. Those newspaper delivery jobs are considered "Independant Contractor" and they make you sign a contract which states, among other things, you will not put any unauthorized advertising materials with the newspaper. If you get caught, you get canned. And by the way, delivering newspapers is not easy....you have to get up between 1 and 2 AM to get to the pickup point for the papers, pay for your own gas, and you don't net all that much money. Do that for a while, and you'll have no time or energy for lawns. At any rate, at least I made enough cash to start my business legit, before I got sick of delivering papers.

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Frontier-Lawn,

Keep thinking! One of your ideas will make you your first million!