Idea to raise money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Lawnsite could have a drawing every 6 months for members.
    5$ gets you one entry. 10$ gets you 2 entries and so on up to 25$ so no one gets too much of an advantage.
    1/2 the proceeds go to the owners of the site to spend as he pleases and 1/2 goes to a prize for those who enter the contest ie commercial lawn equipment or cash. The 1/2 money for the prize would have to include shipping and handling and use up all that 1/2 of the money. No money sent= No entry. Not enough money sent for decent lawn equipment the winner would just recieve a check for the 1/2 that was sent. This way no pressure to enter the contest.
    Just an idea. To keep this from being a type of pyramid scheme instead of giving out a cash prize make it a gift certificate ie a nationwide chain store.

[Edited by Charles on 01-08-2001 at 10:43 AM]

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Better yet I might be able to get manufacturers to give up some power equipment in exchange for advertising exposure. Then give the equipment away.

Hrm.. sounds like an idea.. do you want me to move this to the commercial forum for better exposure?

Chuck

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

In my state its near impossible to hold a raffle, with all the hoops to jump thru. Dont know what the obstacles would be for an interstate raffle like a lawnsite one would be.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If the interstate hurdles arent to high,it sounds great.Good idea Charles

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree...it could help lawnsite.com in the future.

6. Charles

You know Chuck I was thinking the same thing after I posted this. About a sponser getting involved with the prize someway. I just know people like to enter contest for prizes. Contest dates could be May 21 and November 21. A legal way would have to be looked in on how to do this. I just come up with the ideas lol I am not good on the details. The winner could be announced on Lawnsite and promoed by the sponser. But it will work with or without a sponser. To save shipping charges, you could use gift certificate to local dealers or stores. Blowers, weedeaters,
    even mowers, etc if enough money is sent in. if not much money is sent in that 6 months it go on the next or a gift certificate for oil, weedeater string etc can be the prize. Limit of 25$ is best because you dont want the individual money sent in to be more than the prize lol or to give someone too much of an advantage. Ya ,you can move this and see if the reponse is positive

7. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like fun. when can we start?

8. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking a contest given to paying participants might be tricky from a legal standpoint.

Any part-time lawyers here with some thoughts on the legality of it all? Is it feasible?

-TGC

9. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

you have my 25.oo sounds great

10. Charles

It might make a difference legally that we are members of lawnsite.com and are participating in a private membership contest. No guest could play.