1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rob Spread & Spray, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

How about a sign you put on a clients lawn(for applicators only)

WANT YOUR LAWN TO LOOK LIKE THIS!

Then call us today. Offer the client something for free to put sign there for a feww weeks.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If the lawn looks great....why not? Great idea Rob. That is something that would stand out....and that is the point anymore....to do what you can to stand out from the rest.....

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Some areas and neighborhoods have ordinances against posting such signs but maybe you could work it into your application noticification flags.
    I noticed a nifty idea for the irrigation guys. A company in our area puts their name and phone number on their flags so everyone can see who is doing the installation.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Lanelle is right. I tried that and got a nasty warning from the city about how it is illegal for me to do that and so on. And if they ever found me doing it again, they would do this or that.

The idea with the name and # on the sprinkler flags tho is a good one. I am willing to bet that you would never be hassled about that.

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I betcha someone had to give the councilman that info. Maybe it was jealousy.

6. Lanelle

LOL Cos,
    In some places the population is sparse enough and the idea of civic pride strong enough that jealousy has nothing to do with it.
    In those places, anything out of the ordinary is quickly noticed.

7. You can pay for a singnage fee/permit to post your sign. It is cheap.

8. Lanelle

Maybe in St. Louis you can. But you can't here. Only while the contractor is actively working on the site can a sign be posted in most residential areas.

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually,
    the county Homearoma is happening in one of the neighborhoods that i have on lock. I have 3 georgeous irrigated lawns on the only route in. I have talked to all the clients so as i may leave a realator type sign with my logo and number in their lawns for the 9 days that the home show is going on. You want to talk about selective marketing, this is the kind of clients you want to market. All the homes in the show are arround $400K+. Hopefully this will pan out well and i will be able to pick up at least 5 high quality lawns from this deal. By the way, it only cost $250 for 3 signs and whatever i decide to reimburse the clients with. Lets hope this work. :D

10. You best bet would be to check with the city on it.

Ours says what types of signs, but not catagorized specificly for lawn care and landscape contractors.

I paid a $3 fee and I could post it for 20 days. Pay $3 again and another 20 days.

Also here you have to pay $19 to post reality signs.