Ideal Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by idealscape, Dec 2, 2011.

1. idealscape

idealscape LawnSite Member

2. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

So how much do you save having tanks at the shop vs going to the gas station? I know its a huge convenience but do you get some kind of volume discount? You said the tanks actually belong to the fuel co so I would imagine you're leasing the tanks? And the green waste you guys don't have a supply yard where you could start a compost pile? Im in SC not to far from ya and that stuff is like gold here!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. idealscape

The tanks are leased. We do get a discount on buying bulk fuel, not too awful much but it is cheaper...as you said though, it really saves us money by the convenience of it. If we sent 5 guys per truck to the gas station for 15-20 minutes we are losing a ton of money.

We have never been into composting our debris. It goes to a landfill where it will be composted and sold. In all honesty we just don't have the time for it. We buy all of our soil amendments from a supplier.

4. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Website looks good, I like that its clean looking and simplistic.

5. idealscape

Thanks we try to keep things simple around here.

Here are some pics of the crew cab Chevy w4500 cab over truck, one of the estimating vehicle and one of some of the guys.

T3.jpg

T32.jpg

T33.jpg

T1.jpg

52REG.jpg

6. idealscape

If anyone on here doesn't have a website or any kind of web presence, do yourself a favor and build one! It took us like a week to get it exactly how we wanted it (and we had no clue about how to do it), we redirected our old domain name to the new site on Friday afternoon and we are averaging 30-40 hits a day...cant beat that!

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Website looks great.

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribing. That is some great work and I love reading your posts and learning. I look forward to hearing more.

9. mcc7

mcc7 LawnSite Member

WOW! What a great business!

So on equipment purchases (trucks, mowers, handhelds) do you buy new or used? Do you purchase whatever is cheapest at the time, or aare you somewhat brand loyal?
    Also, how do you find all of your employees? And what does your training program consist of? Do you require uniforms? Sorry so many questions, I'm always hungry for knowledge.:) I love your system of checks for the managers, great idea!

10. idealscape

Too many questions to answer with the iPhone my friend. Give me till I get to the office in the AM and I will answer them all!
    Posted via Mobile Device