Ideal Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by idealscape, Dec 2, 2011.

1. idealscape

idealscape LawnSite Member

Here you go, the carbon copy stays with the homeowner and the hard copy comes here to go in the property file.

field.JPG

2. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

That is a great check list. Man these guys on here are really picking your business apart! :laugh: As far as money talk, That is a touchy subject because every area will give different results. My area I have heard of other companies starting labors at $7.75 - $8.00. Some areas might start higher. I say whatever for for a business and keeps their employees happy, Keep doing it. Employees will leave any sort of employment for higher wages always.

3. idealscape

Yeah, they are but its what we're here for. I am sure some folks will learn from us as well as we will learn from them.

My point exactly, every area of the country is different.

4. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

What does your maintenance bay/shop look like? just curious. Your shop and equipment is very well setup its interesting to see

5. idealscape

Well if you look in the pictures you'll see the 2 bays where the mowers are kept...other than that the equipment is left on the trucks with tarps to protect from the weather. We have a very nice security system and a high security fence to keep the thieves away at night. We don't really have a "maintenance shop".

6. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Inregards to your maintenance trucks, was there any reason for not going with enclosed trailers or enclosed cab over turcks? I know you said you loved the cab overs for lawn work but was curious why you went open and not enclosed?

7. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

I believe you 100% that you have done all the trial and error and the proof is in the pictures you know exactly what you are doing. I remember you saying you have some commercial maintenance bids going out this year but are you after more residential as well or are you going to keep the client base where it is. To maintain that high quality level I mean.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. idealscape

For one simple reason, leaf clean ups and debris removal are a nightmare with a box truck. I will say though that they are nice for security purposes and equipment maintenance, everything is out of the elements.

9. idealscape

Right now we are actively growing our Commercial Division. We certainly would not turn down a new residential property, but our main focus is the large commercial properties.

10. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

So I always hear the money is in commercial maintenance, do you ever plan on phasing out the residential side or will it always be apart of your business plan.
    Posted via Mobile Device