Idealistic Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowDesign, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MowDesign

MowDesign LawnSite Member

Good evening Lawnsite!

I am here to get opinions on ideal components of a mower from buying factory direct vs dealers, all the way to which spindles should be used. I am currently working on a revolutionary design of which I'd prefer not to give much detail about yet, and I would appreciate input from current LCOs. I am a former landscaper but feel my skills are better used on the design front. All input is welcome except needless comments such as "a mower that I don't have to use" or the like.

Thank you all!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Jeff Tracey Enterprises

Jeff Tracey Enterprises LawnSite Member

suspensions seat, greaseless pulleys, air conditioning, AC plug for Ipod and or Cell phone charger, cup holder, discharge chute blocker ( built onto the mower, not as an option.) Hope this gets you in the right direction...

3. MowDesign

How would the air conditioning work? Seems like it would pull too much power. I really appreciate the ideas; exactly the kind of posts I'm looking for!

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

A container with dry ice and a low voltage fan! :rolleyes:

5. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

stock issue / built in shoot blocker as it should be a mandatory safety device in first place

6. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

He didn't mean air conditioning, he meant an alternating current outletfor charging phones and such.

7. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

LOL, I skipped right over the part where he did say air conditioning.

8. MowDesign

Good stuff guys! I am curious about the mandatory dischage chute. I would have thought most would have wanted the option to lift it for gates.

Another thing I was thinking was having exclusively kawisaki engines on my designs. Good choice, or should I allow kohler in too?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

A chute blocker is what they are talking about, otherwise known as an OCDC (operator controlled discharge chute). To close off the discharge so you don't throw clipping into beds or towards vehicles or people.

10. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax fan sounded like he meant chute. But anyways, greaseable spindles, floating deck, factory direct, but with rotary and stens equivelants.... That's all I've got for now. I like kawi's too, btw.
    Posted via Mobile Device