Ideas for land use?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by All Pro Lawn Care, Dec 5, 2011.

1. All Pro Lawn Care

All Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Hi Everyone

I came across some land in the Houston area that is 6 acres. The price is right and I am looking for ideas of uses. I was thinking it would be perfect for a haunted house, used car lot or for small businesses to put up signs on. It has 700 feet of highway frontage with 100K people that drive by it a day. The bad part is 4 acres is in the floodway (unusable and can't be built on).

Any ideas for use of this land would be great! There would also be a For Sale sign on it to see if I could flip it.

Thanks

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If it doesn't have water, electric, and sewer then forget it. That will cost you more than the property.

3. All Pro Lawn Care

from Houston

Electric can be dropped easily and I know water and sewer are very close to the property and maybe even run under it.

4. Wayne 55

Wayne 55 LawnSite Member

Car Wash. One of those do it yourself with the wands and a no touch automatic attached. Will always bring in a income.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

What is the zoning for the area? Residential, commercial, industrial? Unfortunately there are a lot of hurdles that you may have to jump.

6. All Pro Lawn Care

from Houston

7. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Have people pay you to put up ads on it.