1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for landscaping around trees?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GSLC, Apr 2, 2013.

1. GSLC

GSLC LawnSite Member

Two tree's in front yard. What are somethings I can do for them, they currently are just mulched around. Customer doesn't want brickwork done. What are some suggestions on what to do?

Mind you there are roots that come out, not bad but they are there to take into consideration.
  2. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Have a picture of the area you are talking about. That would help a lot with ideas. If the trees are already mulched around and they don't want any brickwork or edging done around them, then there isn't really a ton of options.

YardBros Outdoors
  3. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

First. Plant flowers.

Or. Do what people have done fo years before they got mulch happy. Get rid of the mulch and they save money. Less beds to maintain. Less weeding.
  4. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

I planted a bunch of Hostas around the bottoms of two trees (can't remember what kind they were). About an 8 foot diameter circle around an 3 foot round tree. They look nice, come in green and full and maintenance free expect for fall when I cut them down.
  5. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

People are most definitely mulch happy... looked at a job today with about 150,000 square feet of mulchable area. Mind blown.
  6. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member