Ideas for lawn trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by crusty_crab80, Aug 22, 2014.

1. crusty_crab80

crusty_crab80 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alaska

Building a lawn trailer similar to one below. Curious to hear suggestions about side height.

Plan is to keep sides tall with everything inside the trailer. Then lock the back gate when stored, that way its that much harder to steal stuff. Plus outside will be company info.

How tall should I make the sides? 3 ft, 4, 5? This is going on a 16' car hauler. Storage box on front, ramp in back. Originally wanted to do regular sheets of 4x8 mesh for sides. Now thinking about doing 1 ft sheet metal, then a 4 ft piece of mesh on top of that for a total of 5 ft tall sides. Idea would be to keep debris inside such as grass clipping or leaves, mulch when transporting materials (if i ever need to use it for that). Tall sides will allow me to mount more stuff on top.

Thoughts, ideas, comments, rude remarks?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I spec'd out an 18ft open with 4ft mesh sides, 5200lbs axles. Built in front storage cage, semi style tongue jack and side ramp with led lights and dual brake axles. Powder coated any color for $6800

What mowers are you hauling? I needed 18ft minimum for hauling a 36 stander, 60" Z and a 52" grandstand

3. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

4. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

Hey southfloridalawns, have you ever taken your 36stander on a hill, how does it do.