1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for More Income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chris Ke, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

OK, I am one of these goofs who worries about October when it is not even March. But does anyone offer any services in late fall (besides leaf removal)? I was thinking about checking into an aerator to use on customers lawns in the fall and spring. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Be Careful Out There

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Core aeration, slit seeding, and overseeding of lawns are something I am always trying to get more of, and work at getting them whenever I can line some up for the early fall.. Very good money maker. I start in early september for core aeration, and seeding of lawns, so they can get some good growth before winter sets in.

3. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Premo summed it up.

4. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

How do you price overseeding and aerating in terms of a lawn. Say you have a lawn that you charge $50 for each service, what would you charge for aeration?

Thanks

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of money in Aerating and Seedingin the fall only. I dont see the point in doing it in the spring. Hard to do any seeding when you should be putting down Pre-M and spraying weeds.