1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for TV commercial?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Appalachian landscape, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

A good friend of mine owns a local tv production company, and he is going to make me a tv commercial. He thinks a funny commercial will be best and I agree. We're thinking of showing me cutting grass in a few different locations, and at the end I'm going to be doing such a great job that the home owner "falls in love with me" and runs to me in slow motion, we embrace, and she gives me a kiss. The home owner will be around 80 years old, give or take a few. I was wondering if any of you guys have any other ideas for my commercial? What do you think about our idea?
  2. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

that would be funny
  3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think it would cost for you to get the rights to use that "so happy together" song when she is running towards you? You know the one.. "I can't see me loving nobody but you.. for all my life.. when you're with me baby the skies will be blue.."
  4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

That's great to hear about a company that is planning on airing a commercial. We have thought about it but can't justify the risk of it flopping. But then again our advertising budget is only 30K per year.
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sounds good man! Anything to seperate you from the pack.
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea. Whats the price of doing commercials. Is it based on how many times it runs per day, and at which times it runs during the day?