ideas on lighting house

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jepthng, Nov 21, 2006.

1. jepthng

jepthng LawnSite Member

can i get some rough ideas for lighting up house and landscaping.

thanks aaron

100_1369 (2).jpg

2. jepthng

jepthng LawnSite Member

any ideas on lighting up the pavers? maybe a couple well lights in grass?

3. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

aaron, are you wanting to do this job yourself. Not for sure why you haven't got any response...couple of reasons maybe. I and other's are finding it harder and harder to give out free advice to diy's. We've spent much tima and $$$ so it becomes more and more difficult to just have people pick our brains for free...secondly, your house looks new, no interesting landscaping/trees-patio-hardscape-waterscape etc. The architecture on your home is pretty straight forward..graze the walls with some uplight and install some path lights...anything more will cost you $$$ :)
    I don't mean that in a snotty way

4. jepthng

jepthng LawnSite Member

thanks for the little advise.let me know what the bill is that i owe you for your
    consultation.i know you spent quite some time helping me.

aaron

5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Aaron, perhaps some additional information as to what you would like to do. As Chris has stated, the architecture is simple and the plantings are somewhat basic. Do you have plans for updating the landscaping and perhaps highlighting some of the plants? Always best to go with safety, security, then aesthetics. Light the walk where there are turns and steps, any areas that are dark or may offer an intruder a place to hide or break in and then high lights on the home or plantings.

Kirk

6. jepthng

jepthng LawnSite Member

I understand your thoughts on the diy crowd.ALL i was after was a couple
    creative professional ideas.
    I am a certified auto technician and if i can be of any assistance please let me know.

aaron