Ideas on what chemicals to spray right now in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lorensanders, Mar 20, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

Hi im new to this business, I have 30 customers I have recently just got my liscense to spray. Can someone tell me what is a good rule of thumb to spray what chemicals at this time in oklahoma. I realize it will be a preemergent but what kind Im pretty sure I should use pendamethalon and some triamic but I want to be sure. Thanks for all the help.......could some one please respond

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Hold off on that Trimec until the Bermuda and Zoysia comes completely out of hibernation or you'll set it back some.

Put out a granular pre-emergent high in phosphorous. We just got done with our second app of granular pre-emergent and we used some revolver to kill out some fescue and spot spray on some weeds such as henbit.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A pre-m high in phosphorus? Why?

4. lorensanders

So Am I Spraying Pre Emergent.....such As Pend. And Thats It......im Really Anxious To Use My New Machine..........should I Double Dose The Yards That Havent Had It Last Fall

5. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

To drive down the roots of the plants coming out of dormancy.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was just under the direction of thinking that most soils have a sufficient rate of Phos. already innthem, since it such a slow leaching element. I concentrate more on th potassium amounts whick helps the root vigor but also helps so much with the plant vigor and trigger pressure, as well. I understand what you're saying, but the vast majority of soil samples show that there are already significant amounts of P in the soil.

7. lorensanders

So What Should I Use Right Now...