Ideas to get new customers at this point???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, May 13, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

While I have increased my business by about 35% from last year, I am still looking for a few more accounts... Whats a cheap way of landing some at this point in the season???
  2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Tell ur existing customers that if they find you a new lawn, you will give them one free mowing...minimum of four cuts on the new lawn.
  3. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

Well, I stop advertising, we pickup 42 this year from neighbors seeing the job we do, and ask us for an estimate.I have 111 customers, I also have a sign on my truck stating my company and what services I offer.

Kory Landscaping
  4. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I had good success with door hangers this year. This way you can target areas to fill in a days route. I handed out 300 and now have 10 new accounts. The hard part is doing the actual hanging. It takes some time, I still have 700 hangers left.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking for mowing account still, i've been getting only lawn repairs, shrub trimming and mulch installs from the 5000 flyers i sent out. I'm getting another 5000 door hangers and passing them out myself. I'm bone dry for work at the moment and don't have anything scheduled until this up coming friday (besides a few lawns on monday) so i have all week to get as many as i can out and hope for the best.
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

First year I had 6 customers. Second year we jumped to 50. Third year we jumped to 80+. The biggest problem for startups is getting name recognition. All I did for 3 years was plaster our name everywhere so people would see it, hear it, and so it would be out there. Once people knew the name, or heard of the name, it became easier to get work. I say spend all your time putting out fliers and getting your name out there. Good luck.
  7. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Great info.....I stopped wasting my money on the classifieds, people think you are just a fly by night operation, the yellow page ad should be out in August.....I have picked up one or two by mouth only, I got t-shirts this week and still scared to label the trailer.....I want more....just not sure what to do....
  8. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

Methods I have tried:
    1 News paper classified-service section, too many price shoppers
    2 Flyers & dorr hangers, time consuming and low response rate
    3 Home and Garden show, great exposure, good respose but costly
    4 Yellow page ad, low response & costly
    5 Vehicle graphics, bigger is better, lets people know who you are

I have better results when potential clients seek my company out rather than me trying to seek potential clients. So as previously stated you need to get your company name in peoples heads and let them seek you out. For me the best method to achieve this will be to do a total vehicle printing wrap. The intitial cost is high but in return I will have an attention grabing billboard on wheels. I plan on doing the vehcle wrap on my spray truck in the near future and eliminating all other advertising expenses.
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi Jon99,

Here is a post that may offer some ideas.

How to get new customers