Identify this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 11, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just mowing along the other day and I happened to wack this thing, it was in the middle of my backyard, lucky for me it didn't end up through the window, but it did take a nice chunk out of my brand new set of gator blades :cry: Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could identify this thing, I am about certain it didn't come off of my TT, but if it did I would like to know where it came from.... Let me know.

DSCN2188.JPG

DSCN2189.JPG

DSCN2190.JPG

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Damned if I know. Cost a bunch though, huh? Brand new Gators? Wow, that sucks.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have any 4 wheelers? Or other play or work toys. Looks like a brace off of something else.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

off the handle, perhaps. Maybe a cable attached through the hole...just guessing. It would take more than that to seriously damage a gator blade. That part doesn't look like its been hit too hard....

Its good to know I'm not the only one whos posted a sock and toe shot along with my picture:p lol.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

If I had to guess, maybe a belt guide off the deck of a homeowner lawn tractor.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Looks like part of a latch to a gate or something?

7. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

HEY! THAT"S WHAT IT IS! I have a customer with a gate latch just like that. I'll take a pic and post it here. Monday.

8. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I can hardly contain myself, couldn't you please try and post that picture sooner? :angel: lol, kenny.

9. FLYonWALL9

FLYonWALL9 LawnSite Member

No doubt, that is the same latch on my faters gate. If he didn't live in another city I would take a picture.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I hit a hammer yesterday. I knew right away what it was, though. :realmad: