Identifying Exmark Model Year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mdubs, Feb 21, 2013.

1. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

I am going to look at an Exmark Tracer 52" today. It's a dealer trade in and the dealer does not know the model year or the hours. It has one owner and he used it just at his residence. It looks to be in good shape but the price is a little high for an unknown. They are asking 2,500. I thinking of offering them 1,800.00

So is there a way for me to find out how old this machine is? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

take the serial number and go to this site

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=exmark&mh=7

It has them listed by year

as for the hours they did not come with hour meters so there is no way to tell. just take an educated guess.. look for over spray from repainting, loose spindles, worn pulleys.. the usual wear points.

good luck let us know how you make out im curious as to why a dealer couldnt find out what year it is. a simple call to exmark should be able to figure it out also?? maybe this dealer is not one to do business with??

3. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

based on pistol grips i want to say early 2000s? i think the first # of the serial # is a 3 then it woudl be 2003ish. thats what ive been told. thats not in bad shape at all. itd probably go for 2k easily

4. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

Jones68 - Thanks for the link and the advice.

5. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

McG- I was thinking 2,000 as well. It does look nice. This dealer does not sell Exmark, so that may be the reason for some of their ignorance.

6. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

The dealer sent this over for the serial number 193469. It does not come back to an Exmark in the above link.?? Any other suggestions.

7. jones68

eXmark FMD523 Tracer Hydro S/N 190,000-219,999 (1999)

8. jones68

if you click on that you can get all the breakdowns and part numbers. also you can take that number to the exmark site and print out the manual and parts manual

9. mdubs

mdubs LawnSite Member

Jones68, thank you. You have been very helpful. Since it's a 1999, do you think 2,000 is still a fair price? If it looks to be well taken cared for, that is.

10. jones68

it does look good in the pictures but a picture can hide a lot. I am a hands on person gotta make sure everything is tight. check the dip stick for discoloration from over heating. stuff like that. 99 is an older machine i have never ran a turf tracer i run the metros so im unsure about price for that machine i dont want to steer you wrong. look at it like a car what is a 14 year old car worth compared to new. one of my metros is a 98 and it is still running strong