Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Psyclopse, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

I was wondering if any of you who may have a Chilton or Haynes manual that covers a 1984 Ford pickup could lend me a hand with the VIN number. I haven't looked at this truck yet, so I'd like to know what engine (transmission?) it is supposed to have and if it is a 4x4 or not. Also, is it an F-250 or F-350?

The VIN # is 2FDJF37G4ECB38854. Thanks in advance for anyone who can take the time to help me on this.

2. 3/4tonTodd

3/4tonTodd LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I wrote down the vin number and I'll check it at work tonight. I work in an auto parts store and should be able to find out something for you. I get home a bit after 8 (central time) so hopefully by 8:30 I can give you an answer.

Todd

3. 3/4tonTodd

3/4tonTodd LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

One of the joys of living in a small town is that we get left out of "modern" technology. No cable modems, no DSL, and no "big name" internet providers. In other words, I wasn't able to get online to send you the information I had about your truck till now - sorry!

The VIN you had posted lists a 351W engine, but that's about all I found at work. I spent a little time on the internet this morning and found nothing more than that. I just know from experience that the first digit, the "2" indicates that the truck was built in Canada, and the second, the "F" is the manufacturer - Ford, obviously. The engine code is the #8 digit, the "G" here. Your best bet is calling a Ford shop in your area. They'll have all that. Sorry I couldn't find more for you.

Good luck.

Todd