1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

IDIOT neighbor at it again this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 13, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

My neighbor last year tried to get into the lawn care business by doing a yard or two in our neighborhood. He is a very loud, obnoxious bafoon who thought it was going to be sooo easy to get started. He would always yell from 4 houses down "yep gettin me a few more lawns today" most of the time I would just ignore him and go about my business. He tried to get into the business because after 3 times of telling him no I'm not hiring he finally got the hint. ;) Well he was out shoveling snow I guess and he yells "hey! are ya gonna keep doing lawns this year or did I put ya out of business" I thought to myself what an ass. I told him politly back oh no you didn't put me out of business infact we just picked up 25 lawns over the weekend. If I had a camera for the dumbest looking fool award it would have been priceless.:laugh: :laugh: I just may have a use for him this year, doing the crappy $18 & $20 for 10 bucks we just picked up that I was going to drop anyway.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: IDIOT!
  2. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

He doesnt work for Steris does he?...he might need to get "serious" about his "lawn business" if he does. Next time he asks about something, ask him about insurance, or who his CPA is...I bet this guy is only legitimate in his own mind!:dizzy:
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a tool who will never be successful in the business. We have a few of them around here.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Only a few. feel blessed. cause we have them growing faster than weeds after the hurricanes.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

New crop every year. The more factories that close, the more lawn guys there will be.
  6. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Well he was out shoveling snow I guess and he yells "hey! are ya gonna keep doing lawns this year or did I put ya out of business"

Sounds like he was just joking around...and you took it as an insult...Although, I have met several loud obnoxious idiots that get into the business to make some EASY beer money....Never last more than a month or two, or once it gets above 85 degrees...which ever comes first:laugh:
  7. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

This is a very funny post. I always get stuck talking to these type of people where I stop for gas or at a store. Lol
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! I remember when you first told us about this guy sometime last year...:)
  9. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, we have a lot of guys like that around here. They never last long though. Just lets the homeowners know who the real LCO's are. :nono:
  10. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Also, there's nothing wrong with beer :drinkup: money :laugh: