1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, May 16, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Today while doing some line trimming, i came back around the front of the house, and notice my lazer in the middle of the road with a ford econoline attached! i run over and ask what the hell is going on, and she tells me she backed into it. First off, i never park at the end of the driveway where it can be in teh way, and secondly, i put cones out. She mustve backed way up, and clipped the front caster, and dragged it about 4 ft. Not really any damage thank god, except for a dented caster cap, but i had to jack up the van to get the mower out. You think she wouldve said sorry? No way, she was in too big of a rush. You gotta love these type of people. Sorry for venting.
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like it could have been alot worse look's as if the lawn gods were looking after you if there was no major damage. Im sure it sent quite a shock thru you when you saw this site.
    Better luck tomorrow.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

MDB, this was the customer that backed into it?
  4. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

no man! VENT ON!!! sounds like the typical jersey driver.was she talking on the phone when she did it,or was she applying makeup?ha,ha.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

yep that really sounds like an idiot.
    they everywhere i tell ya.:rolleyes: :)
  6. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

They're all over.........
    Their favorite past time here is pulling out in front of you when your moving at full steam with a loaded 16' trailer, then looking in their rear view to see your reaction!!!

Second favorite past time is tailgating the trailer. Im going to put a sign on my gate that says......Trailer gate subject to fall...stay back 50 feet.
  7. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

I don't think that is far back enough, 50 feet still is too close when travelling at higher speed. I'd say at least 250 feet will do. Post a sign saying trailer gate and equipment subject to fall and roll off. That's will be more reasonable.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's not so much the tailgating of the trailer that's so bad, but it's the people, (especially when you're trying to get over into the other lane) that come up and camp out underneath your trailer. They always do that, they pull up into your near blind spot, and you can see them taking inventory of the equipment - like they gotta check everything out.
  9. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yup. A real PITA!!
    I like to let em' get REAL close and then "light up" the brake lights! Usually good for a chuckle.:eek:
  10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

This was a made service dropping off one of the girls at the neighbors house, and she was in a big freaking hurry.