Idiot.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locutus, Sep 25, 2004.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The next-door neighbor of one of my clients stopped me today and asked if I would aerate his yard when I aerated my clients yard. Now get this, he had the nerve to ask me if I would do it for "five or ten bucks since you will already be next door". After I got over the initial shock of the request, realizing it wasn't a joke, I just told him "no f-ing way". He just walked off.

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Did he have a Kerry sign in his yard???

3. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

this is why i was wondering if i even want to start trying to get my neighbors as clients. dont think would be worth the hassle

4. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

i would have been like 5-10 bucks for me to enter your property lol.... neighbors think they get a deal cuz u cuz there neighbor :angry:

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

No he had a Bush sign. He thought that aeration might turn up a few WMDs.

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure Ill do it for five dollers. I only charge your neighbor two bucks so Ill make good money here sir. Can I clean yur home for an additional 50 cents. Detail your car for a buck fifty. Cant wait to tell my mommy how much money Im makin, she thought Id never amount to anything. Boy I can really impress her now. :dizzy:

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

LMAO!!! Perfect!! :cool2:

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

I mow a couple of neighbors properties and they seem to grasp the concept that I am in this business to earn a profit, not cut them a sweatheart deal just because they chose to live in the neighborhood I live in. The 3 of them are some of my best clients.

9. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

You guy's drinking already this morning? The original thread said, a neighbor of a CLIENT, not the LCO's nieghbor. :rolleyes:

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Burn...that's what I was thinking. Funny how one little missed detail can get the thread headed in another direction completely.