Idiots!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 15, 2011.

1. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going post secondary. Doing college while in high school, and my classes are all put into two fulls days of school. I could have been done with high school by my junior year since i took all of my credits right away.

2. The Tripp

The Tripp LawnSite Member

Do like Patriot did, get some air horns installed. If possibly, replace your regular lights with something brighter (Xenon, LED headlights, etc).

3. pjlandscapes

pjlandscapes LawnSite Member
    from CT

im in high school right now, and mowingkid is right about everybody being @#$%ed. In my auto class, one kid and i do all of the work, everybody else just sits around and talks about what drugs are "good".

4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Im doing a program like post secondary called senior to sophomore. U take all classes at college senior year. I am currently a junior glad this year is almost over, high school is a joke and waste of time for about 60% of the classes at mine along with the hoodlums and thugs roaming the halls
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Took the word out of my mouth. Its unbelievable what some kids say and how todays/my generation acts sometime.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Do you make bank? Yeah but its spelled H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K. Doesn't seem to compute with many kids these days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Man, I don't what highschool's some of these kids went to, but mine was great. Had about 2200 kids in it, I played football and wrestled, and mowed and was a volunteer FF as well....no one ever talked about what drugs were the best. I'm not saying there wasn't talk about it because I know there was, that was just but a small group of kids though. Sure there were parties, did I attend them? Yea. I just didn't get stupid loose at them. lol I miss high school and it's only been 2 years since I graduated from it.

8. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, most have the mentality that they will get a $75,000 salary handed to them right out of college.

I also dislike the fact that kids believe the only way to succeed is to go to a 4 year school. And if you say you're not going, they figure that you'll be out begging in the streets. I'm not dissing the people that go to 4 year schools, but I'm saying that it's not for everyone, I'd rather get a 2 year buisness or accounting degree at a local college than to shell out all that dough and be stuck in school for 4 more years, then get stuck paying back student loans. Like I said before, it's just an opinion, take it or leave it.

9. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

For me, 4 year degree was a no brainer. It has already opened door after door for me and I am only in my third year. Does it get old- incredibly, is it hard- very, will it all be worth it? I sure think so.

10. lawnservicefreak22

lawnservicefreak22 LawnSite Member

I'm 18 and really surprised to hear your being pushed around by people at school. Im similar to you, i have about 35 accounts, I live in Illinois outside of st louis and i get the same "i bet you make bank" but never anything to cut me down. Honestly all i ever get is people asking me if they can work for me lol. I do go to a private school so i guess its just the different types of kids out there.