Ie7.0

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cclllc, Nov 5, 2006.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

What are your thoughts about the Internet exployer 7.0
    I just downloaded it on 2 of my pc's.I am not sure about it yet.It is a little differant.

2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

junk..

its slow and has to many security issues,

i use firefox myself, and IE for things that firefox wont load right..

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I use firefox. Beats internet exploder every day.

4. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Firefox here too. Less problems.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Iv'e thought of downloading firefox, but as I'm a long time IE user I'm not sure I may like the transition. Is there a lot different about it from IE? I understand that it helps a lot in stopping spyware and whatnot. From what I read you can have both on your PC and just open the one you want to use...

6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I like IE 7.0. it took a week or so before I decided. The tabbed browsing takes some getting used to, but seems like a good idea now. I did shut the anti-phishing filter off and it sped pages up like they were with IE6...I was glad when I realized that! LOL

7. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

It functions basically the same except you have Tabs, its faster at loading pages, it looks better, you can manage bookmarks better, you have a nice google search box on the top right, and it is more secure... you can have them both installed and use whichever you want, and you can set either of them to the default browser as you please..

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting... I was going to download firefox, but after trying 4 different download sites and not ONE of them allowing me to even click on the download now button, I give up! Iv'e never had any problem downloading any other program like that before... I wonder if IE somehow BLOCKS useage of firefox???

9. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

To me, IE7 just looks like a cheap copy of firefox. Maybe in a couple years it will be caught up to where Firefox is now.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been running opera for several years no problems.