If a Leaf cleanup takes 3hrs with me and one helper what would you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by googles, Nov 18, 2004.

?

If a Leaf cleanup takes 3hrs with yourself and one helper what would you charge?

1. $75-$100

2.5%
  2. $100-$150

13.2%
  3. $150-$200

26.4%
  4. $200-$250

21.8%
  5. $250-300

36.0%
  1. googles

googles LawnSite Senior Member

If a Leaf cleanup takes 3hrs with me and one helper what would you charge?

2. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

It just depends....are you talking about using rakes only or do you have a couple backpack blowers and mowers running around and are you putting these in trash bags to leave on the curb or do you haul them off, etc.

3. googles

well i will most definitly be using backblowers and taking them away. If anyone is going to be still using just rakes to do the entire lawn then they are in better shape then me. i am just looking for a general answer on what u or anyone ready this would charge.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

3 hrs on site, PLUS DISPOSAL? hmmm, looks like $400-$500. but, you'll never get that. this is why i say small properties are more profitable

5. googles

yes all the properties i deal with are small. they are about 100 by 100.

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

more than 300, less than 400

7. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt' vote yet. 3 man hours or 3 hours straight time? Can you dump on site or do you have to dispose yourself? If so does your area charge for organic dumping?

In the town I did business in WV you would be lucky to charge 75 for 6 man hours of leaves. (dumped on site) Our town had a leaf vac that came by everyones house and sucked up all the leaves for you. so leaf clean up = pushing leaves to the curb so most people did it themselves. Especially since it was a mountain town, so usually the majority of the leaves slid down your front yard into the street on their own. I only did it for people I really liked as customers.

8. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Two people + 3 Hours... i wouldn't touch it for less than $360.
    If I had to haul it away, it would be more... probably double.
    I just finished a job last weekend that took me three hours by my self and I charged $180. I simply went with the wind and mulched and pushed his leaves of into the woods. He has a big property in a wooded area with quite a few leaves. I think I was off my tractor maybe 15 minutes total for the entire three hours.

Craig

9. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

My partner and I just did a job that took us 2 ½ hours to complete. We figured it at two hours and ran a little long but we had nothing to do afterwards so we were not hurrying by any stretch of the imagination. It was a one time job, hard edge her sidewalks, trim 12 feet of scrubs in the front, clean out 90 feet of flower beds, trim some hedges in the back yard, remove dead growth and leaves from yard on a 60 X 100 ft. lot. Small job so we bid it at $45 per man-hour and $20 disposal fee for one pickup load of debris.
    $200 + tax for 2 men and 2 hours work and disposal.

P.S. Last year I would have told her $100. This year I’m am a little better educated thanks to the people on this site and bid it more inline with what my area should demand.
    She didn’t even hesitate when I gave her the quote, just asked when I could start. :cool2:

Know what your area will support. Bid to make money, not just to get the job.

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Six man hours total $360 plus disposal which I dump that at my farm $25 and I am probably a little cheap in the nicer areas guys are getting a mowing charge plus $75 an hour for leaves and $35 to haul away. I haven't got to that point yet I am $60 an hour