If I build it, will they really come?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Perfect Turf, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Perfect Turf

Perfect Turf LawnSite Member

Hey guys, quick question for the pros out there. How the heck do you go about getting new commercial residential accounts? Do I need to go door to door to all the townhomes and ask who the president of the board is? Do I need a yellow page ad? Where do you find out who's excepting bids? I can't just open up the phone book and find management offices. I know they're out there but where. Please help!

Much Thanks:confused:

2. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If I remember correctly, the lawn and other budget decisions are made in the fall; so be on the lookout soon.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Yes you can open the YP and find management offices-- Look under property management
    Big secret of "business" The actual widget of your business has very little to do with the success of your business, How you run your business and even more important - How you sell it, matters the most, That is why the best sales people and business people will have the most successful business.
    Selling is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. You must do everything you asked about and more to search out the potential customer, Work even harder at finding out what that customer needs, (and it is not short grass) and than offer a presentation that proves that your are the best company to answer those needs.
    Network everywhere! Know everybody and be sure everybody knows you and what you do. This will be the difference between a successful career and a job pushing a lawnmower for 10-20 dollars an hour.
    Good luck and knock on 10 doors today