1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

if i quit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, May 19, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm thinking i might quit at the end of this season an concentrate on school. but what i'm wondering how much can i get for my equipment. i have a bobcat-219 whith a 52" deck that will have about 300 hours when i'm redy to quit and i have a toro 2005 proline 36" that will have aobut 100 hours when i sell it and i have a redmax 7001 bp and a red max stick edger and a shindiaw weed wip. i also have a 6.5 by 12 custom trailer that has a 3500lb wait limite that every thing gos on so what do u think its all worth
    thanks alex
    sorry about the spelling
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I think you will regret it...
  3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Looking at your spelling and grammar, you need to quit now and get back to school. j/k :p

Why sell it? Why not hold on to it and who knows where your life will lead.....
  4. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

If you do end up selling your stuff, I'll take the toro, and the redmax blower off your hands. I need a smaller walkbehind, and you can never have too many blowers. Let me know. :)
  5. Cimarron Landscape

Cimarron Landscape LawnSite Member

I think you'll regret it. Seeing that you've made it enough to purchase the equipment, why not try to keep doing it on the side?
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

You never know, sounds like you have a pretty nice setup if your grades are slipping then just put mowing aside for a while and figure out your schedule and work from there. You can always get back to mowing once you figure out what u need to do in school, maybe get a crew together to speed things up so u have more time to study.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Keep your stuff. You will get the bug back soon enought. Trust me. Been there done that. Lucky I only had gotten rid of a few things.
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with everyone else. Sleep on it a while and save your stuff unless you need the money. Replacement costs when you get back in will be a lot higher.