If I were to sell, what's the ballpark value?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmk395, Jan 24, 2013.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Just curious where I would be. 200k in maintenance sales. (hi end homes and some small commercial, very loyal base) Profit before my salary of $75,000. Equipment value (trucks, trailers, mowers etc.) $60,000. Very few contracts. 2 good employees. Any idea ballpark where I would be.
    I want to keep going, BUT always curious...

2. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

I've heard in the past 1.5 times sales so I would say 300k

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I think mowing is closer to .3 cents per gross dollar. Applications would be sold at a premium. Not counting equipment.

Your situation might be different. Could your 2 guys run the routes alone and the owner still take a nice cut of what's left.

I'd pay 120-130k. A lot would depend on how long you'd had some customers and what other services you've included or don't include. If you do 200k in mowing only then I might be able to upscale apps and seeding.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'd say 120k at the high end.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

With today's economy I think you right:weightlifter:

6. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

90-140K with the minute amount of details I know

7. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

what is a fair market wage for you? - what would you of had to pay someone to do your job?

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

yeah, mowing is worth the least...more details, do you have any chemicals? irrigation? snow removal? equipment? etc...i've always heard a mowing business goes for about one months gross plus any equipment...but a chemical company can easily get one years gross if not more

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

So the real question...how do you find someone willing to pay $100k for a lawncare business?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Are people speaking from experience or just guessing? 200k in revenue means that the owner is still very active in the day to day - the face of the company. With the limited info we have I would say that the estimates are way overvalued.