if i'm not alive, just leave a bill.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 17, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

now i don't know what to do. i have a small landscape job lined up for today, but i'm a day behind cus of heavy rain yesterday, so i'm doin it tommorow. this is what the lady said, "i know you're comming wednesday, but i have an appointment for a medical procedure wednesday. the doctor said there are some risks, and i am 83 years old, so, in case i don't make it, just send an itemized bill and the person in charge of my affairs will take care of it." i know this could take forever to get paid. and i don't want the lady to think that i think she's gonna croak, but, would it be terrible if i drop by tonight and ask for a check in advance.....just incase?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

hahaha.

Do the work. She aint gonna die. Doctor told me there were risks of doing surgery on a shattered leg/ankle, but guess what. I made it.

If she does croak, she said you would get paid. And as always..>You will come up with some bizarre method to collect your money anyway.

I can see it know..

"Man Caught Digging Up Grave"
    A local lawn boy was caught up-earthing a grave of a recently deceased elderly. As the cops drug him away the man known as BobbyGedd by internet lawnboys was heard screaming "I'll get my money...I always do. I promise i will get it, I will be back! Even if it is 2a.m, I will get my money...i always do!"

Trevor

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D now you're making me laugh.

".....this funeral ain't happening 'til i recieve payment!"

4. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, It would be terrible,and tactless but true to form.

5. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

From some of your past posts, I am just wondering why you don't have a lien on her casket.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

LOL thats brutal it may all me true but it is still brutal.

7. IMPACT

IMPACT LawnSite Member

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today. Anywho...just tell her it is standard procedure to collect in advance from old people,...just in case..Stop by and get paid on Thursday, there's a 50/50 chance she'll be there to pay you.

8. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

~~Too funny I was thinkin' the same thing... What a joke and he's a part-timer to boot I believe, Like I said what a joke this one is.~~

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I can see bobby out there with a shovel, digging up the grave. That had me laughing for a while. LOL HAHAHAHAHA

10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Too funny guys, good stuff! ha, ha.

I dunno about goin' up and asking for money in advance in case the ol' girl passes, doesn't exactly portrae much confidence in her eyes I wouldn't think. "hey old lady, ya lookin' a bit pale today, can I get paid in advance in case you die?"

Nah, mate, do the work, as she said you will be paid, are the chances that high she will die anyway?

anyway, like the other comedians here said, you could dig up the grave and rob it LOL!

Ain't it nice to know your collegues are always ready to take the pizz outa ya!?

Could ask her to leave jewelery and false teeth with you as a deposit too I guess! (sorry, couldn't resist!)