1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If its fixed I'll buy another! 66" Super z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tjcezar, Jan 14, 2008.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a little problem with deciding what to buy for this up coming season. Last year i bought a 66" super z with 30 hp. I had some problems with the cut(the infamous strips of uncut grass) but really love the set up design and speed. My dealer took care of the problem first by putting a kit on it which didn't work and then finally by just giving me a newer model. The newer model was a little better but to be honest it still does it just not as bad. My dealer then told me there is another kit that I can put on this one but I will have to pay for it. Not a big deal if it works but I really dont have much faith at this point ( I shouldn't need to pay extra in order to cut all the grass, but i would). Does anyone have any experience with this other kit? I love my mower and like the dealer but I can't buy another one if I have to worry about quality of cut issues. After all it is a very expensive machine made to cut grass - all of it. Is there anything I can do to make it cut and stripe better(does not leave solid stripe)? I am buying more machines as my business is growing and would like to know if I can stay with hustler.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As your aware we are working on this for you, I have your e-mails and our regional manager is going to get involved.