1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

if lawns were outlawed

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Ticolawnllc, Sep 5, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

start a militia
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Hutaree is looking for candidates.
  3. birddseedd

i live in michigan. wife doesnt let me have a gun
  4. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

The USA is the only place that has the manicured lawns. In England where the industry originated they have "gardens" where plants are left more in their natural state with less pruning.
    There is one house in town that has an English style garden in the front yard. Whan you drive down the street it kind of looks like the house is abandone and all overgrown. But you stop and look at it and it's kind of nice.

So I guess if the Ameirican style turf lawn somehow became obsolete I'd become a "gardener". There's more maintenance in that style of yard anyway.
  5. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question...how is there more maintenance if left natural with less pruning & stuff?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. birddseedd

install AstroTurf for people.
  7. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

mason/concrete or general contracting :D
  8. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

C Jovingo. To keep an English garden or Asian garden the natural look is all but natural. They are pruned with hand pruner and require a high level of plant knowledge because somany plants are so close to each other constant pruning is required to keep each plant in it place. Or one shrub would take over the land scape completely.

Natural is in the eye of the beholder.
  9. birddseedd

i have never done this. and have no knoledge beyond the currently stated facts that woudl be of an attribute to this conversation.
  10. johnyredd99

johnyredd99 LawnSite Member
    from gap,pa

would open a brothal that some how accepted food stamp cards. figure all the bored out of work people would keep business steady.

What would we do if all the gypsies that lost their jobs and threw a mower in the back of the car and became 'lawn services' AND those of us that have done this from day one w/ a passion no longer had a job? sounds like a third world country... but, if you really look around are we that many steps away from becoming that already.

other thoughts are taking the law into own hands. Lower the crime rate and protect abused women and children. This may not feed my children but would be fun for awhile

also pray that the end of the world comes like some expect