If Money no object - scag wildcat 52 or exmark lazer hp 52?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Aug 6, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

c'mon, help me decide. I can get them for about the same price. Which is the better machine?

Wildcat has bigger casters, hydro oil cooler and 25 hp
    Exmark has 23 hp and apparently cuts very good.

What would you get?
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

LAzer Z HP. my preference

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

lazer no doubt
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at the spindles and the pulleys on Scag and compare. Also look at the size of the drive motor on the wheels. If you looking for a unit that last a long time you can't go wrong on the Scag.
  5. clydesdale

which will be better on hills, or no real difference. For those that said emark and reasons or just brand loyalty?
    Wildcat has bigger motor, hydro oil cooler and bigger casters. But Sooo many like exmark now. I think i would go exmark over tiger cub, but the wildcat is a different animal. Help me out here. Is the scag built stronger or am i just being scag loyal. I want to make an OBJECTIVE decision. Thanks
  6. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

What are the prices of each(just curious)?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We run scag top of the line units,in my country scag resales better.
  8. clydesdale

7700 for wildcat 7500 for the lazer hp. To me, that is the same price. Especially when i run a scag that is 16 years old. I just want the better machine. If the scag is the way to go then that is what i will do. If exmark is now the top dog, then i will drive red.
  9. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

If money is no concern dont buy a 52" mower. Just get the lazer 60" with as much horsepower as you can afford. You can put that 60" just about anywhere. Sooner or later you are going to need a walkbehind. That is where you want to scale down on deck size
  10. clydesdale

i want a compact ztr that i can use on most of my lawns, which are 1/2 lots with obstacles. I think the compacts would be best for this.